Friday, January 30, 2015

Making Time

I have been thinking a lot this week about what I make time for. I find time for work, school, and even video games. Considering this, do I make time for the right things in my life? Should I be spending my energy in other areas? These are questions that are difficult to answer.

As a member of the LDS Church I have been taught to put God first. I believe this to be the correct way to operate, but also wonder why it is so difficult to do so. I imagine the answer is we are always being torn away from what we should be doing because this life is a test. This life is our chance to show we chose the good from the bad, the right from the wrong, the important over the trivial.

I am writing this post because I want to be good at making time for the right things before I start a family. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to come home from a long day at work, have a wife to give attention to and kids as well. In that scenario, there isn't much time for ones own endeavors. Don't misunderstand, I am completely fine with making my family my one and only priority. However, I must say, that type of living will be an adjustment.

Now is the time to focus on things that are of value. I should be focused on bettering myself and my wife. I should be focused on being a good student and also a good worker. Hopefully with this type of mindset I will be in the process of becoming an effective adult; the man that I one day hope to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment